Entry-Level Enterprise Technical Support Engineer
As a Technical Support Engineer, you possess a proven aptitude for learning new technologies and constantly progressing your expertise, in a proactive, self-driven manner. You are highly analytical and methodical while working to solve product and network problems of medium to high complexity. As part of this customer-facing role, you will work closely with our Engineering team and impact product development.
What You Will Do
- Responsible for providing telephone, email, chat and remote diagnostic technical support of server (x86), network, storage and various software applications (Windows, VMWare, Exchange, Oracle, Netware, etc.).
- Applies basic knowledge of servers and networks to field non-critical incidents, problems and recurring requests received from enterprise level customers by following documented Standard Operating procedures.
- Prioritizes daily activities based on complexity and escalates the major or critical issues to next level.
- As a 24x7x365 organization, shift work, holidays, weekends and on-call responsibilities may be required (Normal work hour is from 9 to 6, and shift work for evening/night may be possible for about 2 months of the year).
- Document relevant information and ensure that the customer is communicated with in a timely manner regarding the overall progress of their issue.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Degree in Computer Sciences/Information Technology related discipline or any other related field.
- Possesses understanding and technical ability for Servers/Storage/Networking.
- Basic level of understanding for computer hardware (CPU, Memory, RAID and so forth).
- Excellent communications skills (verbal/written).
- Teamwork oriented person.
- Ability to work under pressure with calmness and composure.
- Ability to analyze and solve technical problems by investigating potential solutions using troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to demonstrate sense of urgency regarding customer reported issues.
- Strong problem-solving and trouble-shooting skills using operational and diagnostic procedures.