Deal Management Intern - Oracle Graduate Program
At the heart of Oracle’s success is a rich culture of innovation, entrepreneurship, and learning that has produced the most talented teams and respected products in the industry. We aim to ensure that every intern reaches their full potential and has what they need to achieve success. Part of that comes in the form world class training programs and skills building initiatives. But that’s only half of the equation. What really sets us apart is our focus on bringing together a diverse group of people to work in an exciting environment, learn from one another and have a positive impact on their communities through our different programs.
The Deal Manager leads and manages the contracting process end-to-end for strategic, complex transactions that meet regional criteria requiring Deal Manager involvement. The Deal Manager sets the overall direction for his/her assigned managed deal(s) and is responsible for the successful execution of the contracting process, ensuring consistency and adherence with Oracle strategy, commitments and goals as well as compliance with Oracle policies and procedures.
The Deal Manager facilitates and co-coordinates discussion amongst Sales and multiple Oracle functional stakeholders (i.e. Deal Specialist, RevRec, Finance, Legal, OFD, Business Practices, Migrations, Order Management, etc.) to reach agreement on contracting terms in order to solve complex contracting scenarios and meet the specific needs of his/her assigned managed deal(s).
The Deal Manager may work in a multicultural environment and cover multiple countries and/or lines of business. The work is fast-paced and seasonal in nature, corresponding with Oracle’s quarterly and annual fiscal cycles.
If YOU hold a winning attitude and have the passion & hunger to help Oracle in our quest to be the The No. 1 Cloud Company, then we want YOU!
What You Will Do
As an Intern, you will be shadowing and learning from the Deal Management team, by assisting with the following:
- Work proactively with Sales and functional stakeholders, (i.e. Deal Specialist, RevRec, Finance, Legal, OFD, Business Practices, Migrations, Order Management, etc.) to develop a realistic close plan for his/her assigned managed deal(s) including identifying key milestones, anticipating potential issues and identifying resolutive actions to be taken.
- Provide advice to Sales by identifying applicable Oracle policies as they relate to specific contract terms, relevant for the assigned managed deal(s); advising Sales on the appropriate contract terminology for the deal.
- Articulate to Sales the rationale behind Oracle policy and contract terms to assist them with Customer negotiations. Know when to defer to functional stakeholders (i.e. Deal Specialist, RevRec, Finance, Legal, OFD, Business Practices, Migrations, Order Management, etc.) during Customer negotiations.
- Advise Sales on the appropriate terminology to include in approval requests to ensure that the contract term requests are clear and unambiguous; allowing Oracle approvers to make informed decisions and Deal Specialists to successfully and efficiently draft the final contract.
- Facilitate internal discussions amongst functional stakeholders (i.e. Deal Specialist, RevRec, Finance, Legal, OFD, Business Practices, Migrations, Order Management, etc.) to reach practical business solutions to complex contracting issues, and provide such functional stakeholders with any contract documents necessary to ensure a thorough evaluation of issues.
- Collaborate with and provide guidance to the Deal Specialists responsible for drafting the managed deal(s).
- Complete final review of the contract documents prepared by the Deal Specialist to ensure that all contract terms have been appropriately approved by Oracle and the contract reflects all negotiated commitments before releasing the contract to Sales.
- Proactively manage the deal close plan, facilitating involvement and commitment from all parties until the contracting process has concluded.
- Other responsibilities as may be deemed appropriate by Oracle management.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor/Master degree, preferably Finance,Economics,Legal or other Business related degree.
- Must be a fresh /recent graduate.
- Excellent communication skills and fluent level of English.
- A high level of energy, drive, enthusiasm, commitment, proactivity and willing to go the extra-mile.
- High attention to details, analytical mindset and an affinity to work with numbers.
- Good command of Microsoft Office suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook).