Mr D Food - Entry-Level Designer
Mr D Food an exciting tech startup within the takealot.com environment is looking for a highly talented Entry Level - Mid Level Designer to join our team in Cape Town. We're a dynamic, hyper growth company looking for smart, creative people to join us. We offer market-related benefits, a great work environment and a promise that you won’t be bored as long as you're up for a challenge and want to be part of building something great.
Are you an Extraordinary Mind if so come and join us!
You need to be strong in both root cause analysis and driving to action – In other words, you need to be a thinker and a doer, and doing doesn’t happen only during work hours. You need to be passionate about the potential of e-commerce and delivering a world-class customer experience. And, because we operate in a fast-growing, quick-moving environment, we’re looking for someone who is entrepreneurial, thrives under change, and always looks for solutions to do something better and faster. You will be at the cutting edge of developing new concepts for takealot.com. In short, we need you to think like an owner of the business.
What You Will Do
- Working independently.
- Working collaboratively with the design team and marketing team.
- Consistently delivering work on time, without sacrificing attention to detail.
- Working with design templates.
- Implementing and deliver on feedback from experienced management and peers.
- Adhering to team processes and standards.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Relevant Bachelor Degree or Diploma in Design.
- 0-3 years’ work experience.
- Excellent self-management and communication skills.
- Great Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign skills (Sketch and photographic skills advantageous).
- Good understanding of print and digital design principles.
- An understanding of typography, color, composition and how these elements work together for a design solution.
- Understand the importance of on brand design, developing projects and concepts that are on brand.
- Enthusiasm for being a part of a fast moving start up environment.
- Experts at DOING, they can not only design but also execute.
- Analytical, able to use data to make decisions. Letting data decide but not consume.
- Competitive. Although innovation is important, GREAT requires a lot of work. This does not happen only in business hours.
- Curious. Always questioning the status quo.
- Not averse to risk.
- Business smart. Able to think about problems from a business perspective using technical and product input.
- Self-directed, taking action based on own initiative.
- User focused, always trying to understand a product from the users perspective.