Planning Executive - Urban Planning & Design - 3D Digital Systems
You will assist in the development and maintenance of planning data/3D digital systems that support urban planning & design functions. You will assist in the documentation, organization and integration of completed 3D digital models with existing IT systems. You will be involved in a variety of works such as assisting the architects in drawing up district masterplan and urban design plans.
What You Will Do
- You will also input, maintain and assist architects and planners in retrieving planning and consultations data through URA’s Geographic Information System (GIS), perform 3D analysis in 3D digital system and other electronic systems, assist in preparing plans, charts, presentations and analysis using GIS software (e.g. ArcGIS) and / or other applications (AutoCAD, Adobe Photoshop, PowerPoint, etc.).
- You will coordinate and assist in reviews, presentations and meetings, as well as write minutes, papers and reports as part of department workflow.
- You will assist in the development and maintenance of planning data/3D digital systems that support urban planning & design functions.
Required Sills and Abilities
- A polytechnic diploma or equivalent in computer science, media design, information systems, computer engineering, sustainable design, architecture or any equivalent discipline.
- Relevant experience in master planning, architecture, urban design, environmental improvement work will be useful.
- Quick learners with relevant IT skills such as AutoCAD, Microsoft Office, Photoshop, 3D Studio Max and/or SketchUp.
- Proficiency in ArcGIS will be an advantage.
- Numerate and analytical and possesses the ability to read architectural building plans and maps.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team.
- Good presentation and communication skills.