2nd Year 2020 Trainee Accountant - Financial Services
The Trainee Accountant is a position for a 2020 2nd year trainee wanting to complete the rest of their training contract with BDO, within the FS audit division, whereby they will learn all the necessary SAICA competencies to pass the APC qualification in order to register as a Chartered Accountant.
We Are Looking For Candidates Who Would Like:
- Exposure and specialization in the financial services sector.
- Wide exposure of audit clients in the FS sector (from banking, asset management, stock broking, investment management and insurance).
- Hands on experience with clients and management.
- Open door policy with Managers and Partners.
What You Will Do
- Perform audit procedures whilst working closely with the Audit Team.
- The trainee accountant is responsible to the auditor in charge for carrying out the work allocated to them, for keeping auditors in charge informed of progress and of any problems or difficulties with that work and for ensuring that work is documented and concluded in accordance with the Firm's policies and procedures.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Honours / PGDA / CTA or equivalent level qualification at a SAICA recognised University.
- Candidates must have completed their 1st year of articles and be deemed a 2nd year trainee for 2020.
- A Proven Track record.
- A passion about the Financial Markets and eagerness to specialise within the FS sector.
- Keen willingness to learn and bring energy and aspiration to a growing and innovative FS team.
- Strong technical ability.
- Extremely high level of attention to detail and analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Ability to communicate effectively - Verbally and Written.
- Ability to relate to clients at an executive level.
- Ability to apply sound professional judgment.
- Demonstrate a commitment to self-development and growth through research and attending courses relevant to role.
- Promote teamwork within the Audit Teams.
- Strong Planning, organising and control skills Client interaction.
- People Management (coaching and mentoring).